View all courses in catalog view
- This course has passed.
Zohar Circle – Berkeley – Fall 2020
Fantasies of Companionship and Connection: Zohar Leviticus, Pritzker Vol. VII
During these months of isolation, the Zohar’s legends of devotional community and friendship offer us a poignant model of what we miss. The Zohar’s spirituality is thoroughly social; to connect to the divine begins by connecting to one’s friends and teachers. Together on-line, we will try to live this world-view and create a circle of learning and community. This year we will study the Zohar on Leviticus (Pritzker Edition, Vol. VII), a section rich with narratives and theologies of relationship. Along the way, we will encounter an array of themes—the differences between companions and lovers, the letters of God’s names, Lilith, Sukkot, holy wine, the fragrances of faith, erotic rain, and the theological value of companionship.
Click here to learn more.
- Wednesday, 09/23/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 10/07/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 10/14/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 10/28/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 11/11/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 12/02/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 12/16/2020 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 01/06/2021 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 01/20/2021 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, 02/03/2021 7:00 pm to 8:30 pm
REGISTER HERE ↴
Note about payment tiers
As a nonprofit, we rely on tuition to help cover the direct cost of our course offerings. We also offer a tiered pricing structure to ensure that cost is not a barrier to participation. The 100% tier is the full cost of the course. Please evaluate your own ability to pay and select the option that makes it possible for you to participate.
Need more info?
If you have any questions about this course or would like to ask about joining after the start date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.