View all courses in catalog view
Beyond the Torah Isaiah: The Edge of Redemption (Spring 2021)
This Spring, we conclude our study of the prophet Isaiah and his book.
The voice of this Isaiah is an agent of consolation and critique of nascent Judaism, innovating a balance between individual and collective rewards and punishments.
The battle that this Isaiah sees is between members of a “True Israel” and spiritual imposters within Israel. The latter go through the motions of a renewed set of cultic practices while living lives that negate the essence of true Judaism.
Even while preaching a radical and universal monotheism–in contrast to the surrounding nations—Isaiah teaches that the future redemption of Israel (and the world) relies on proper and sincere conduct by each individual Jew. In so doing, he provides a pathway for all those seeking a truly Jewish life
Click here to learn more.
- Thursday, 04/08/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 04/15/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 04/22/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 04/29/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 05/06/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 05/13/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 05/20/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 05/27/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 06/03/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 06/10/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 06/17/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
- Thursday, 06/24/2021 7:30 pm to 9:00 pm
REGISTER HERE ↴
Note about payment tiers
As a nonprofit, we rely on tuition to help cover the direct cost of our course offerings. We also offer a tiered pricing structure to ensure that cost is not a barrier to participation. The 100% tier is the full cost of the course. Please evaluate your own ability to pay and select the option that makes it possible for you to participate.
Need more info?
If you have any questions about this course or would like to ask about joining after the start date, please email email@example.com.
HaMaqom | The Place is committed to ensuring our learning spaces support people with different learning styles and abilities. If you have an accessibility request for an upcoming offering, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: (510) 845-6420.